Mundo-a is the perfect
example of passive construction techniques and healthy offices for social,
sustainable and creative organisations, close to Antwerp central station.
- Location: Borgerhout, Antwerp
- Start project: 2009, at the request of local organizations
- Start construction: beginning 2017
- Opening: december 2018
- Total surface area: 2.200 m²
- Number of work stations: 164
- Number of tenants: about 25
- Shared infrastructure: reception desk, 5 meeting rooms, multifunctional room, kitchenettes, bike parking, showers, roof terrace
- Cooperation with Ecohuis: bigger meeting rooms available - design and management of the green courtyard between Ecohuis and Mundo-a
- Website Mundo-a (in Dutch)
At the beginning of 2017 the construction of Ethical Property Europe's fourth Mundo-centre in Belgium, Mundo-a, took off.
The idea for Mundo-a started with a group of organizations in Antwerp active in the domain of sustainability, and wanting to share for years an office building with like-minded organizations. In 2009 they called upon Ethical Property Europe because of our experience in this domain.
As this project will be a new building, and as we carry it out together with the initiators, among which some are active in the domain of sustainable construction, Mundo-a will be a showcase of a sustainable building.
Mundo-a can house twenty to twenty five private offices on approximately 2,000 m². In addition, there will be a reception desk, four meeting rooms, a multifunctional room, kitchenettes, a bicycle parking, showers and a roof terrace. Between Mundo-a and the Ecohuis, a green courtyard is laid out.