Europa Nostra is looking for a Communications Manager
Position: Full time (37,5 hours p/week)
Location: Europa Nostra Office in Brussels (Belgium) or The Hague (The Netherlands)
Duration of contract: initial period of 1 year, with possibility of renewal
About Europa Nostra
Europa Nostra is the European voice of civil society committed to safeguarding and promoting cultural and natural heritage. It is a pan-European federation of heritage NGOs, supported by a wide network of public bodies, private companies and individuals, covering more than 40 countries. Founded in 1963, it is today recognised as the largest and the most representative heritage network in Europe.
Europa Nostra campaigns to save Europes endangered monuments, sites and landscapes, in particular through the 7 Most Endangered Programme. It celebrates excellence through the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards, which this year celebrates its 20th anniversary. Europa Nostra actively contributes to the definition and implementation of European strategies and policies related to heritage, through a participatory dialogue with European Institutions and the coordination of the European Heritage Alliance. Europa Nostra is among the official partners of the New European Bauhaus initiative developed by the European Commission, and has recently been elected as the Regional Co-Chair of the Climate Heritage Network for Europe.
Europa Nostra is seeking an all-rounded, creative and pro-active communications professional who will develop and manage our communications strategy including relationships with media and internal communication with members and partners.
Reporting directly to the Secretary General, the Communications Manager will develop and implement the communication activities that promote Europa Nostras mission and action.
Develop and manage Europa Nostras communication activities and messaging in line with Europa Nostras Strategic Plan;
Build close contacts with journalists from various European media;
Maintain and develop internal communication within Europa Nostras vast European network;
Draft press releases, news items, articles for media, prepare interviews, write speeches and prepare press kits;
Write letters, internal memos and briefings;
Write and publish messages for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn);
Ensure coherence of communication activities related to various aspects of Europa Nostras work, both content-wise in in terms of visual identity;
Monitor Europa Nostras visibility and reputation in key media.
Required knowledge and skills
● Academic education (minimum Masters
Degree) in a relevant discipline;
● Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of communications;
● Outstanding communication and networking skills, with the ability to engage effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures;
● Knowledge and experience of various (digital) communications tools and new platforms;
● Knowledge and/or keen interest in Europes culture and cultural heritage
● Sound knowledge and understanding of European institutions and policies;
● Excellent drafting skills;
● Proficiency in English, both written and oral;
● Excellent command of another European language(s), preferably French.
What we offer
● The opportunity to join a small
dynamic and multicultural Staff team based both in Brussels and in The Hague;
● An initial contract for 12 months, which can subsequently lead to a permanent contract;
● A competitive salary in line with the sector depending on skills and on the level of experience;
● A holiday allowance of 8%;
● 30 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment);
● A pension scheme;
● Commuting costs compensation.
How to apply
● The position is open until filled
● Candidates must have a valid working permit to work in Belgium or The Netherlands
● Interested candidates are invited to send to Barbara Zander, The Hague Office Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) an email with their Curriculum Vitae and their motivation letter addressed to the Secretary General, Sneka Quaedvlieg Mihailović (both in English)
Friday 14 october 2022