Europa Nostra is looking for an European Projects Coordinator
European Projects Coordinator
Position: Full time (37,5 hours p/week)
Location: Europa Nostra Office in Brussels (Belgium) or The Hague (The Netherlands)
Duration of contract: initial period of 1 year, with possibility of renewal
About Europa Nostra
Active for almost 60 years, Europa Nostra is the largest and most representative federation of cultural heritage NGOs in Europe and a key civil society partner of the European Union in heritage matters. Europa Nostra's headquarters are located in The Hague, with a thriving EU-liaison office in Brussels.
Europa Nostra campaigns to save Europe's endangered monuments, sites and landscapes, in particular through the 7 Most Endangered Programme. It celebrates excellence through the European Heritage Awards / Europa Nostra Awards, which this year celebrates its 20th anniversary. Europa Nostra actively contributes to the definition and implementation of European strategies and policies related to heritage, through a participatory dialogue with European Institutions and the coordination of the European Heritage Alliance. Europa Nostra is among the official partners of the New European Bauhaus initiative developed by the European Commission, and has recently been elected as the Regional Co-Chair of the Climate Heritage Network for Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Europa Nostra is a proud partner of several EU co-funded projects such as the European Cultural Heritage Agora: Empowering Europe's Civil Society Movement for Heritage as well as a number of cooperation projects, including Cultural Heritage in Action (Creative Europe), European Heritage Awards, MERITA (Creative Europe) and IMPACTOUR (Horizon 2020).
Europa Nostra is seeking a coordinator who will manage the organisations portfolio of EU- funded heritage projects. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of current and new heritage projects funded through different EU programmes (e.g. Creative Europe, Horizon Europe, Erasmus+, etc).
This position reports to the Secretary General. It works closely with the European Policy team of the Europa Nostra Brussels Office to align policy priorities, as well as the communication team for dissemination tasks.
Your tasks will include, among others:
● Implementation, administrative
management and financial reporting for ongoing European projects;
● Draft project-related materials and/or deliverables, including reports and briefings;
● Contribute to the coordination and flow of information between project partners and other stakeholders;
● Organisation of meetings / stakeholder events (digital and offline);
● Undertake monitoring, evaluation, project closure and post-project activities;
● Regular monitoring of EU calls for proposals in the field of cultural heritage and identification of new partners and opportunities for cooperation;
● Conception, planning and implementation of future EU-funded projects;
● Manage and evaluate requests for cooperation within EU-funded projects and advise the management accordingly;
● Contribute to creative brainstorming for related project activities and outreach;
● Update the content of the project website with relevant resources and materials;
● Actively contribute to projects-related social media and digital communication.
Required knowledge and skills
● Academic education (minimum Masters
Degree) in a relevant discipline
● Minimum 4 years of experience in EU-funded project/programme management;
● Proven networking and communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures;
● Sound knowledge of EU funding mechanisms;
● Sound knowledge and understanding of European institutions and policies;
● Excellent organisational skills;
● Excellent drafting skills;
● Proficiency in English, both written and oral;
● Excellent command of another European language(s), preferably French.
What we offer
● The opportunity to join a small
dynamic and multicultural Staff team based both in Brussels and in The Hague;
● An initial contract for 12 months, which can subsequently lead to a permanent contract;
● A competitive salary in line with the sector depending on skills and on the level of experience;
● A holiday allowance of 8%;
● 30 days of holiday per year (based on full-time employment);
● A pension scheme;
● Commuting costs compensation.
How to apply
● The position is open until filled
● Candidates must have a valid working permit to work in Belgium or The Netherlands
● Interested candidates are invited to send to Barbara Zander, The Hague Office Coordinator (email@example.com) an email with their Curriculum Vitae and their motivation letter addressed to the Secretary General, Sneka Quaedvlieg Mihailović (both in English)
Friday 14 october 2022