IDDC is looking for an intern in communication
The International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) is a global network of civil society organisations gathering around a common vision: a world that leaves no persons with disabilities behind. For the past 25 years, this vision has driven our action, and our mission is to promote disability-inclusive international development and humanitarian action in the Global South. As a network, we are fully committed to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and apply its principles in our actions.
We are currently recruiting a motivated student or young graduate to support the work of the IDDC Secretariat in Brussels, with a special focus on communication.
Brussels, 5 months
Start Date: 4 March 2024 at the latest
Our intern is placed in the Secretariat in Brussels. Duties will include working with the Coordinator and the Administration and Finance Officer.
Tasks for the internship will include:
· Assisting in our internal and external communications – newsletters, event notifications, website, social media support etc.,
· Contributing to the development of our communication strategy,
· Assisting with the production of communication materials (leaflets, reports, etc.)
· Assist with the organisational and logistical aspects of IDDC General Assembly and other events where needed,
· Supporting the Secretariat in other tasks necessary for the development of the network.
You are an enthusiastic communicator who loves turning complex concepts into reader-friendly texts. This position also requires:
· Alignment with IDDC's mission and values
· University degree and/or at least 2-years transferrable work experience
· Excellent people skills and written and oral communication skills
· Excellent command of written and spoken English. Any other language is an asset
· IT literacy
· Eligibility to work in the EU / Belgium
Working with IDDC offers you the opportunity to add your strength to the promotion of disability-inclusive international development and humanitarian action in the Global South. Furthermore, we offer:
· A supportive environment that encourages initiative and creativity;
· A pleasant and informal working atmosphere;
· Flexible working hours and a good working-from-home policy;
· Accessible, professional office located in the Mundo Trône building in Brussels, close to the Trône Metro station;
· The candidate should either qualify as one of the following:
o "Convention d'immersion professionnelle", where this should be the first paid employment in Belgium and where the salary shall follow the guidelines set by the Belgian state.
o "Stagiaire scolaire" system and be able to undertake the internship as part of their studies and where there shall be no remuneration.
· Local travel subsidy (subject to distance)
· Lunch vouchers
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to submit their cover letter and resume via this link: https://form.jotform.com/Angelique_HARDY/iddc-internship-application. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis and the position will stay open for applications until a suitable candidate is found.
IDDC operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities with eligibility to work in the EU, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply. Recruitment is subject to the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references.